The critically acclaimed Disney Plus original series WandaVision is Marvel Studios' first foray into original programming of MCU content for television, after severing ties with Netflix
Welcome to OTTplay Now You Know, one podcast that gives you all the trivia, lesser-known facts about shows and films that you probably didn't know about. I'm your host Nikhil.
The critically acclaimed Disney Plus original series WandaVision is Marvel Studios' first foray into original programming of MCU content for television, after severing ties with Netflix. The series is loosely based on the popular X-Men comic series House of M, and it focuses on Wanda Maximoff aka Scarlet Witch after the events of Avengers Endgame. The series was praised for its narrative structure and set design. Let's dive into the trivia now!
1. Agent Jimmy Woo’s flick of the wrist trick to produce his ID like magic is a reference to his awe in Paul Rudd’s character, Scott Lang’s, magic tricks from the film Ant-Man and the Wasp.
2. Up to 47 different modern camera lenses were used to depict the seven-time periods, which were in fact custom-modified to retain characteristics of the lenses from that time period. Lighting was adjusted and Tungsten lights were used to give it more authenticity.
3. Paul Bettany’s character, Vision, who is mainly maroon in colour was painted blue for the black and white scenes because blue worked better in grayscale.
4. There is a faded mural in episode 2 when Wanda walks from the kitchen to the living room on the wall behind the candlesticks that shows a building that Baron Strucker had used in Sokovia. It is the place where the Avengers storm in and first meet Wanda and Pietro.
5. The series eclipsed the budget of The Pacific (2010), of $21.7 million per episode, with $25 million per episode.
6. The final scene of the finale was originally intended to show the townspeople swarming Wanda to confront her, but it was later changed to them standing apart and miserable. This change was made as a result of COVID regulations but ended up being the one Jac Shaeffer liked better, as she believed the scene was more compelling on a psychological level.
If you haven't watched WandaVision yet then do so, it's streaming on Disney + Hotstar
That's the OTTplay Now You Know for today, I shall be back again with another episode soon.. Until then it's your host Nikhil signing out.
Aaj kya dekhoge OTTplay se poocho