As the friendship tale turns 10 this week, here are some beautiful quotes and poetry that has added a special touch to it.
You will have many favourite movies, not every one of them would have touched your heart, and then there are some gems among them which act as a soothing rain to your heart. If you have watched Zoya Akhtar’s Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, you would know what the above lines mean. In the middle of the busy lives we lead, the film taught us to take a pause and to look into the beautiful experiences the world has to offer. The film tells the story of three friends Arjun (Hrithik Roshan), Imran (Farhan Akhtar) and Kabir (Abhay Deol), and their road trip that changed their lives. As the friendship tale turns 10 this week, here are some beautiful quotes and poetry that has added a special touch to it.
1) Jab jab dard ka baadal chaaya, Jab gham ka saaya lehraya... - Imraan
‘Everyone’s story has a little sorrow, everyone’s story has a little sunshine...’ Imraan, the poet of the gang recites one of his poems amid their journey, which is all about different stages of one’s life.
2) Diving is like meditation. Insaan ko apni ek ek saans, ek ek pal ka ehsaas hota hai. Just imagine agar hum apni saari zindagi aise hi jee sakte. Be fully alive to each and every moment. – Laila
This is when Laila (Katrina Kaif) opens up about her passion for diving.
3) Pighle neelam sa behta hua yeh samaan, Neeli neeli si khamoshiyan, Na kahin hai zameen na kahin aasmaan… -Imraan
‘…deep blue silences, no earth below, no sky above…’ Keeping all his fears aside, Arjun dive into the sea along with his friends and feel beautiful about it. It is during this special moment the poem is recited by Imran.
4) Seize the day my friend … pehle iss din ko poori tarah jiyo, phir chalis ke bare mein soochna. – Laila
Here is the most motivating line said by Laila to Arjun, which made him rethink his way of living and priorities.
5) Dilon mein tum apni betabiyan leke chal rahe ho, toh zinda ho tum! - Imraan
‘If you are moving with an eagerness in your heart, then you are alive…’ at the end when everybody realises how to live, this refreshing poem happens in the movie, which warms everyone’s heart.
6) Insaan ka kartavya hota hai koshish karn, kaamyabi nakaamyabi sab uske haath mein hai -Imraan
Imraan advises his friends to try for something if they want, at the beachside while trying to impress girls.