Anees Bazmee issues clarification on statement that he rejected Hera Pheri 3 for not having story or script.
Last Updated: 04.43 AM, Feb 25, 2023
It has long been rumoured that Hera Pheri 3 will be directed by filmmaker Anees Bazmee. Anees is no longer involved in the project, and Farhad Samji is taking over as the director as the movie finally prepares to begin production. Bazmee recently said in an interview that the script and story were the reasons why he rejected the movie. He has since stated in an interview that he was misquoted in the piece.
Taking to Twitter on Friday night, the No Entry director wrote, “My words have been recently misquoted and wrongly interpreted regarding the announcement of Hera Pheri 3. I am very happy for the entire team of Hera Pheri for their third film together and I wish @akshaykumar, @SunielVShetty, @SirPareshRawal & #firoznadiadwala all the love & luck.”
Earlier in the day, a Bollywood Hungama report had quoted the filmmaker as saying that he said no to directing Hera Pheri 3 as producer Firoz Nadiadwala 'didn't have much of a story let alone a script'. According to the reports, he had said, “I met the producer Firoz Nadiadwala several times. He didn’t have much of a story let alone a script. The idea he told me didn’t gel with me. I said no.”
The filmmaker had also added, “After I declined the offer, I now hear the film is going to be directed by someone else (Farhad Samji). Akshay Kumar, who was totally opposed to doing the film without a proper script, has apparently agreed to come on board. I don’t know how or why. Only he will be able to tell. Speaking for myself, I am not part of that project anymore.”
Akshay, Suniel Shetty, and Paresh Rawal, who also acted in the first two movies, are in Hera Pheri 3. In Mumbai, the three actors most recently filmed a movie promo. According to sources, the shoot is scheduled to start later this year.