Are you a superfan of the Tamil superstar? Find out how many facts you got right about Vijay
Actor Joseph Vijay Chandrasekhar, popularly known as Vijay, has been working in Tamil cinema for more than two decades now and within that time, he has managed to garner an unprecedented fanbase with his blockbuster movies. Especially in the last decade, the actor has established himself as one of the biggest stars of Tamil cinema with nine out of his 15 movies grossing more than Rs 100 crore at the box office.
This has led many to even consider him as the true successor to the box office king - Rajnikanth, with fans giving Vijay the title ‘Thalapathy’ which the superstar was also referred to. Keeping the stardom aside, Vijay is also a fine actor with more than 60 films under his belt. During his career so far, he has won numerous awards including eight Vijay Awards by Star India, three Tamil Nadu State Film Awards and a SIIMA Award.
Today, as the Kollywood star turns 47, OTTplay has curated a list of questions for the ardent fans of Vijay. Try your hand at the quiz below to measure your knowledge about this South Indian actor or learn a few new facts about him that you didn’t know before:
1.News of Cristiano Ronaldo replacing the soft drink with water was trending online and also dented the company’s market shares. But Vijay had done it before him.
2.Shobha Chandrasekhar is a Tamil director, writer and producer and playback singer, her husband is also a film director, producer and writer.
3. We have already mentioned that Vijay has been active in the Tamil film industry for about two decades now since his first lead role in 1992, but the actor performed as a child artiste in a few movies before that.
4.Vijay has two children; his son Jason Sanjay was born in 2000 while his daughter Divya Shasha was born in 2005.
5.While the actor is predominantly known for his work in Kollywood, it is not the only industry he has worked in.
6. Vijay has been a popular choice for remakes from Malayalam, Telugu and Hindi, he even played Aamir Khan’s character in the Tamil remake of 3 Idiots.
7. Vijay and Suriya's friendship go a long way back to their college days together at Loyola College, Chennai. Suriya also shared screen with Vijay in his debut film Nerrukku Ner in 1997.
8.Vijay has worked with numerous actresses during his career, but one of them has been his screen partner for more movies than the others.
9. Many Bollywood actresses started their career working in South Indian movies and one of them started it with a Vijay-starrer in 2002.
10. Vijay has acted in a number of movies with his character being named after himself, including his debut lead role in the 1992 movie Naalaiya Theerpu.
Lets see how many your got correct, here are the answers:
Answer 1 - Kaththi
Answer 2 - Mother
Answer 3 - Vetri
Answer 4 - Theri
Answer 5 - Rowdy Rathore
Answer 6 - Poove Unakkaga
Answer 7 - Unnai Ninaithu
Answer 8 - Trisha
Answer 9 - Priyanka Chopra
Answer 10 - 11 films