The comedian will next be seen in the upcoming season of The Kapil Sharma Show.
Last Updated: 01.50 AM, Aug 25, 2022
Kapil Sharma recently voiced his opinions about the prevailing ‘Boycott Bollywood’ trend that has been plaguing the industry of late. The Kapil Sharma Show had been a victim of the boycott trend a few months ago, and the comedian had an amusing reaction to seeing the trend pop up again.
During a recent interaction with the media at the Beti Fashion Show , as reported by Hindustan Times, Kapil said that he did not know about the boycott trend coming back again, remarking that he was not an ‘intellectual person’. Saying that he did not have any new film coming out at the moment, he spoke of how such trends used to come and go and it was just a matter of time for this one too.
Akshay Kumar’s recent release, Raksha Bandhan had also been subject to calls for a boycott. When asked about the same, Kapil said that he had not heard about it. “Ye Twitter ki duniyaa se mujhe door rakho. Mai badi mushkil se nikla hoon”, said Kapil.
The comedian will next be seen in the new season of The Kapil Sharma Show(TKSS), which will reportedly premiere sometime next month. A few months back, netizens had called for a boycott of the show, when The Kashmir Files director Vivek Agnihotri alleged that the comedian did not invite the film’s cast and crew on TKSS. Anupam Kher, who starred in the film, had cleared the air on the allegations saying that he did not want to be a part of TKSS and Kapil had no ‘malice’ towards The Kashmir Files team.
Kapil will also be seen in the upcoming film, Zwigato, written, directed and bankrolled by Nandita Das. The film, which also stars Shahana Goswami, will have its world premiere at this year’s Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF).