Let's deep dive into a satirical science fiction film starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Lawrence that has recently dropped on Netflix. I am talking about the 2021 movie Don't Look Up. It's a movie about two astronomers.
Welcome to OTTplay Now You Know, the podcast that gives you all the trivia and lesser-known facts about shows and films that you might have not known so far. I'm your host Nikhil, stay locked.
Today, we will take a deep dive into a satirical science fiction film starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Lawrence that has recently dropped on Netflix. I am talking about the 2021 movie Don't Look Up. The movie depicts the story of two astronomers attempting to warn society about an approaching comet that will demolish human civilization. Here are a few trivia about this movie you didn’t know.
1. The movie was filmed with lockdown restrictions in place. Hence, Jennifer Lawrence could not get a broken tooth fixed during the filming of Don’t Look Up, and her missing tooth thus needed to be added during post-production. On the other hand, Timothée Chalamet’s hair in the film was not supposed to be long. The director zeroed in on his long-haired appearance after interacting with him on a zoom call.
2. Leonardo DiCaprio’s facial hair in the movie is also not a wig that the actor wears. The make-up department incorporated real hair extensions into the actor’s beard to make it appear seamless.
3. Because pandemic restrictions inhibited movement, many of the actors could not be physically present on sets for make-up trials. Hence, Cate Blanchett brought her own wig for filming, and Rob Morgan had a stand-in set up for his trials because he was unable to be present for fittings.
4. In one scene, the film references Ogilvy, who was an astronomer in HG Wells' War Of the Worlds. It is Ogilvy who first spotted the launch of the Martian invasion.
5. Another scene where the characters of DiCaprio and Lawrence visit the White House shows a painting of President William Henry Harrison. This is an allusion to the imminent danger that the US faces, with the comet threatening to obliterate all life on earth, because Harrison was famous for being a president for the shortest duration in the US before he passed away.
If you haven't watched this movie yet, do so exclusively on Netflix
Well that's some lesser-known trivia about the movie ‘Don't Look Up’, I shall be back soon with a brand new episode until then it's your host Nikhil out of here.
Aaj kya dekhoge OTTplay se poocho.