The Matrix franchise redefined the sci-genre with revolutionary filming techniques and action sequences. The fourth film of the franchise, Matrix Resurrections, released worldwide today.
Last Updated: 08.02 AM, Jan 17, 2022
Welcome to OTTplay Now You Know, the podcast that gives you lesser-known trivia and facts and even anecdotes of popular films and shows that you might not have known until now. I'm your host Nikhil.
The Matrix franchise redefined the sci-genre with revolutionary filming techniques and action sequences. The fourth film of the franchise, Matrix Resurrections, is releasing worldwide today, with Keanu Reeves and Carrie Ann-Moss returning for this installment reprising their roles as Neo and Trinity. Let's look into some trivia now!
1. Lana Wachowski said that the narrative choice to get Neo and Trinity back into the sequel was actually triggered by the fact that she lost both her parents (who died five weeks apart) as well as a dear friend. Describing the two characters as the most important, Wachowski said that writing the parts helped her cope with grief. However, Lily Wachowski dealt with her parents’ loss differently and decided not to return to the franchise.
2. On February 4, 2020, the film began its production in San Francisco under the tentative title of “Project Ice Cream.”
3. The shooting schedules in San Francisco caused considerable harassment to city dwellers due to the damage caused to the buildings and street lights. Much like films such as Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021) and Venom: Let There Be Carnage (2021), these producers also had to shell out $420,000 to the San Francisco Police Department so they could shoot in the city.
4. This was also the first Matrix film that had a planned shooting schedule in Chicago, which happens to be the Wachowskis’ hometown. However, the expanding pre-production budgets for the film did not allow that and it was scrapped from their itinerary.
5. The roles of Tiffany’s (Trinity’s alter ego) kids in the film are essayed by the real-life children of Carrie-Anne Moss.
6. Keanu Reeves confirmed that the tandem leap (which also included Carrie-Anne Moss) from the 44 Montgomery Street building in San Francisco was done mostly without the help of special effects. The duo took over 20 retakes for the scene from the 43-floor building over a two-day schedule, with descender cables attached to them.
That's the OTTplay Now You Know, I shall be back again with another episode soon. Until then it's your host Nikhil signing out.
Aaj kya dekhoge OTTplay se poocho