google play
Google
 
app store
iOS
 
settings icon
 
profile icon

Home»»

news
Red Notice producer says Dwayne Johnson’s movie will get sequel if fans demand it

Red Notice was one of Netflix’s biggest movies of the last year, with over 360 million watched hours in the first 28 days.

Akshay Krishna
Jan 03, 2022
cover image

In the wake of the pandemic and the lockdowns that followed, OTT platforms across the planet saw big growth. With this growth came big platforms producing movies on massive budgets. Red Notice, starring Dwayne Johnson, Gal Gadot and Ryan Reynolds was one such project. 

Producer Hiram Garcia (of Seven Buck Productions) recently spoke about plans to create a sequel. In an interview with Collider, Garcia said a sequel is possible if fans demand it: “I think ultimately it's the fans that dictate if they want a sequel, we'll be ready to deliver them one. But there was never really a talk about doing some kind of post-credits scene.”

The producer said that they did not want to add any post-credit scenes because they had an idea as to how they wanted the movie to end.

Garcia added that if the fans respond the way they hope to, there are ideas in mind as to where the story should head and that then it’s up to them to deliver a sequel. 

Netflix flaunted the $200 million budget of Red Notice ahead of its release, and was the biggest movie produced by the platform. 

While the movie’s over the top and used action plot failed to win over any critics, it did well with the fans, becoming an instant hit. In the first 28 days, the movie got 360 million watch hours, making it the streamer’s most-watched original. Red Notice even beat Sandra Bullock’s Bird Box, which previously held this record. 

With the movie connecting to the audience well, a sequel does not sound like a bad way to go. 


Partner sites:
Hindustan Times · Live Hindustan · Live Mint
Desimartini · Shine · Healthshots · Slurrp
Copyright @ 2021 OTTplay, Hindustan Media Ventures Limited