OTTplay Logo
settings icon
profile icon

Trouble on Spirit sets: Prakash Raj reportedly removed from Sandeep Vanga, Prabhas starrer?

The shooting of Spirit is busy taking place in Hyderabad. News has come out that Prakash Raj, who plays a key role has been reportedly removed from Sandeep Vanga film

Trouble on Spirit sets: Prakash Raj reportedly removed from Sandeep Vanga, Prabhas starrer?
Prakash Raj removed from Prabhas Spirit

Last Updated: 01.45 PM, Feb 08, 2026

Share

Sandeep Reddy Vanga became a sensational name in Indian cinema after the massive success of Animal. The Ranbir Kapoor–starrer shattered box office records by collecting over ₹1,000 crore worldwide, instantly turning Sandeep into one of the most sought-after directors in the country. 

Riding high on this success, the filmmaker is now busy with his next ambitious project, Spirit, which features Prabhas in the lead role and is touted to be a high-voltage action drama.

From the very beginning, Spirit has been grabbing headlines. National Award–winning actor Prakash Raj was announced as a key part of the film, and his powerful voice was even heard in the launch video, creating strong buzz around his character. 

Spirit first look
Spirit first look

Prakash Raj exits from Sandeep Vanga's Spirit

However, the latest gossip from industry circles suggests that Prakash Raj may no longer be part of the project. Reports indicate that the actor and Sandeep Reddy Vanga allegedly had a heated disagreement on the sets over the script and a particular scene. 

It is also being said that Prakash Raj’s behaviour during a few instances did not go down well with the makers, prompting them to take the drastic decision of removing him from the film. As of now, there is no official confirmation, but the news is spreading rapidly in film circles.

Prakash Raj
Prakash Raj

Prakash Raj has a reputation for being a highly talented yet temperamental actor and has reportedly had creative differences with several filmmakers in the past. 

Prabhas films on OTTplay Premium
Mr.Perfect
Watch Now
Varsham
Watch Now
Eswar
Watch Now
Baahubali 2: The Conclusion
Watch Now

Deepika Padukone walks out of Prabhas Spirit

Interestingly, Spirit had already been in the news earlier due to another major shake-up. Deepika Padukone, who was almost finalized as the female lead, walked out of the project at the last minute owing to differences with Sandeep Reddy Vanga over work schedules. 

Deepika Padukone
Deepika Padukone

Reports suggested that Deepika demanded eight-hour shifts, which the director was unwilling to accommodate. She was eventually replaced by Tripti Dimri, whose casting has since generated curiosity.

The recently released first-look poster of Spirit became a major talking point and further heightened expectations. While Prakash Raj’s exit, if true, would be a setback, it is now being said that a few scenes already shot with him may have to be scrapped, potentially leading to delays in the shoot. Fans are eagerly waiting to see who will step into the role.

Spirit showcases Prabhas in the role of a sincere and intense cop, and several big-scale action sequences are expected to be filmed in the coming days. With controversies and high expectations surrounding it, Spirit continues to remain one of the most closely watched projects in Indian cinema. Stay tuned for more updates.

Spirit FAQs

Q. Who is the heroine in Prabhas Spirit?

A. The film has Triptii Dimri of Animal fame as the female lead.

Q. When will Prabhas Spirit go on floors?

A. The film has gone on floors on November 26, 2025.

Q. Who is the main villain in Prabhas Spirit?

A. The makers have announced that Vivek Oberoi will play the main villain.

Ad