Sukhee, directed by Sonal Joshi, stars Shilpa Shetty, Kusha Kapila, Amit Sadh, and Chaitanya Choudhry in lead roles. It releases in theatres on September 22
Having become a common face on television thanks to her stint as a judge on reality TV shows, Shilpa Shetty is back in a full-fledged protagonist role in films after a long gap with Sukhee. Directed by Sonal Joshi, the film also stars Kusha Kapila, Amit Sadh, and Chaitanya Choudhry in important roles.
As Sukhee gears up for its theatrical release on September 22, we list 5 compelling reasons why this is the film that you should watch this weekend.
1. A relatable protagonist: Shilpa plays the titular role of Sukhee, who is a woman who finds herself on a journey of self-discovery. Her character's evolution from the 'bedhadak, beparwah, and besharam' young girl to a responsible family-oriented woman is sure to strike a chord with audiences.
2. A Bollywood treat for all ages: Sukhee is a Bollywood masala entertainer that caters to a wide range of audiences. The film has elements of family, friendship, and nostalgia, offering something for everyone. Its depiction of fun school days is sure to bring alive nostalgia and take you on a trip down memory lane.
3. Stellar supporting cast: Sukhee’s ensemble cast consists of social media influencer Kusha Kapila, who plays Sukhee’s best friend. Television actor Chaitannya Choudhry, who plays Sukhee’s husband, is said to have done a good job at adding depth and charm to the film.
4. Women-led team: Sukhee not only celebrates women empowerment on screen but boasts a women-led crew as well. Director Sonal Joshi makes her directorial debut with Sukhee. Radhika Anand is the writer of the film and Paullomi Dutta has written the screenplay.
5. Shilpa’s acting prowess: Shilpa Shetty celebrates her three decades in the film industry with Sukhee; she debuted in Abbas-Mastan's 1993 romantic thriller Baazigar. Fans of Shilpa will enjoy this slice-of-life film that sees the actress in her finest.
Sukhee, directed by Sonal Joshi and starring Shilpa Shetty, Kusha Kapila, Amit Sadh, and Chaitanya Choudhry in important roles, is a comedy-drama. It will be released in theatres on September 22.