OTTplay Logo
settings icon
profile icon

Ahead of 'Salaar' release DOP Bhuvan Gowda shares THIS stunning fact about Prabhas' film

'Salaar: Part 1 - Ceasefire', of course, marks Bhuvan Gowda's fourth collaboration with Prashanth Neel

Ahead of 'Salaar' release DOP Bhuvan Gowda shares THIS stunning fact about Prabhas' film
Prabhas in Salaar

Last Updated: 08.16 PM, Dec 14, 2023


One of the main lures of a Prashanth Neel film is the vividness of the world that he builds. Of course, he has the services of several skilled technicians including cinematographer Bhuvan Gowda, with whom Neel has executed the two highly fruitful KGF movies and Ugramm prior to that. The expanse and the overall larger-than-life nature of the filmmaker's physical terrain is perfectly captured by Bhuvan, who has reunited with him for the fourth time for the much-awaited 'Salaar: Part 1 - Ceasefire'.

Interestingly, the cinematographer attributes the similarities in the visual palette of the KGF films and Salaar to his signature style, adding that the dark tones of the upcoming film actually stem from the genre demands. 

Speaking to Cinema Express, Bhuvan Gowda disclosed how the sets of 'Salaar' cover a whopping size of 100 acres, erected specially for the film at Ramoji Film City as well as in the Dandumailaram village of Telangana. He shares, in the same conversation, that Prabhas' film will be 5 times as big and expansive as KGF in terms of scale.


What's striking about these revelations, though, is the fact that Prashanth Neel and Co. have striven extremely hard to achieve authenticity. Bhuvan shares that 'Salaar: Part 1 - Ceasefire' is executed almost entirely via practical set designs, with 95% of the visuals shot on sets and only the remainder 5% being produced via CGI.

Well, having had a taste of what the film is likely to offer through the trailer, one does find it extremely impressive that the team has pulled off something so opulent and equally almost without the help of technology. Moviegoers, in that vein, are particularly kicked to see how Prabhas is presented in the film and by the looks of it, they have something special on the cards.

The visual aesthetics of 'Salaar' have been under the scanner right from the word go, ever since the first glimpses of the film emerged. It was a no-brainer for many to spot the stark resemblances with the composition employed in the KGF movies, with a few even expressing disappointment over Prashanth Neel and Co.'s choice to "attempt" something new. However, with Bhuvan Gowda exuding confidence over what the whole team has put together, the expectations remain as high as ever.

'Salaar: Part 1 - Ceasefire' will arrive in theatres on December 22, with Prithviraj Sukumaran, Jagapathi Babu, Easwari Rao, Shruti Haasan, Bobby Simha and others, too, as part of the cast.

Get the latest updates in your inbox