google playGoogle
app storeiOS
settings icon
profile icon

Tamil films should be given more priority in theatres: Visithiran actor RK Suresh

Suresh hopes this move would help the small budget films and the producers survive

  • Team OTTplay

Last Updated: 07.24 AM, May 05, 2022

Share
Tamil films should be given more priority in theatres: Visithiran actor RK Suresh
A still from Visithran

It is well known that RK Suresh's Visithiran, which is helmed by director M Padmakumar, is set to hit the screens on May 6. The actor-producer has a plea for the Tamil Nadu Theatre Association.

RK Suresh, who made his debut in Bala’s Tharai Thappattai, has requested the Theatre Association to provide 60 percent of their screens in the state to Tamil films and the remaining 40 percent to other language films.

He thinks this move would help the small budget films and the producers survive.

Taking to social media, RK Suresh posted a video, in which, he says, "I am not making this request because Visithiran is releasing tomorrow. It is a general grievance that everyone has. We, at the Producer Council, have decided that 60 percent of the theatres will have Tamil films, while 40 percent will be allocated to other languages. In Kollywood, there are only two categories of films; namely small and big. The big ones usually get theatres, but small films don't. Hopefully, this will be followed soon."

A remake of the critically acclaimed Malayalam film Joseph, Visithiran, was also directed by Padmakumar.

In Tamil, Poorna and Madhu Shalini reprise the roles of Athmiya Rajan and Madhuri Braganza from the original.

With editing by Sathish Suriya and written by Shahi Kabir, Visithiran has dialogues written by director John Mahendran.

Incidentally, Joseph, which starred Joju George in the titular role, fetched the actor a Kerala State Award for Best Character Actor, and a special mention at the National Awards.

Visithiran is billed as the film that will showcase RK Suresh's histrionic abilities. The film features the actor in two looks, for which he gained more than 20 kg for one look; also has reportedly lost a lot of weight for the other.

Produced by director Bala, Visithiran has music by G V Prakash and cinematography by Vetrivel Mahendran.

0